Friday, November 28, 2008

Personal Response

Two Rivers Art Museum
I always have a fun time visiting the 2 Rivers Art Gallery. I found this experience more beneficial and inspiring compared to our first visit. It always seems that the Gallery has at least one depressing exhibition, and this time I felt uncomfortable viewing Ted Hebert’s images. I found his work to represent someone dying and the spirit world. I had a difficult time viewing his art because all I could see and feel was death. The one image I found the most difficult to view was the one on the opposite side of his bibliography. Furthermore, when we were expected to replica one of his images figures for 30 seconds I had great difficulty just being so close to his work because of the negative energy I felt. On the other hand, I did like Natalie’s work except for her nude images. Although I love Matisse’s image Blue Nude, I like it for the fact that it is not an actual human naked. I do not appreciate actual human nude art because it is something that does not interest me, instead it makes me feel uncomfortable to view.

1 comment:

Willow Brown said...

Interesting responses. It shows how much "meaning making" occurs in the mind of the observer.