Saturday, November 8, 2008



I have always found comfort in Joan Miro’s work. His sense of colour mixture, and his “naïve, childlike impressions” have always captured my attention. In grade 11, I once tried to experiment with his Cubanist -Surreal style, which turned out to be difficult to reproduce.

Miro was born in Barcelona in Northern Spain, and later studied art at the Barcelona School of Fine Arts at the Academia Gali. It was in the 1930’s that Miro had developed his unquie style. His work has been described as a “reminiscent of drawings made by children at the age of five...who integrate[d] elements of Catalan folk art”.


Sources
www.artelino.com/articles/joan_miro.asp
http://www.e-fineart.com/biography/miro_bio.html

1 comment:

Elena said...

Casey,
I did a Miro (accent on the o)art project with my students while I was on practicum. I really enjoy his use of colour and shape.