Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just SCREAM





My favorite painting of all time is Edvard Munch The Scream. I love the picture because it shows a person screaming. Acceptance, saying good bye, and moving on. So often life challenges us to the point where you have nothing left to give; that your at the end of your rope holding on for dear life. Faced with two options, let go or find that last bit of drive and fight. The picture is a good reminder it is okay to be down and be sad, about things that happen or have happened along the way. But it is important to release.

2 comments:

Willow Brown said...

Oh, Casey...I've had that kind of day. When I started to read, I was afraid you would say that you wanted to scream about your practicum. I was relieved about that but I did feel empathy for what you've been through personally. Thanks for the post and I'm glad that you are finally connected.

Judy Thompson said...

Hi Casey. I understand how you feel. I have lost so many people I loved in the last year. Brenda and her beautiful little children. Brenda (the lady killed last year) was a very close friend for the last 15 years and Richard and I were Godparents for two of the kids. Then there was, this past summer, Richard's first cousin, Wendy, a wonderful person (left behind a 21 year old son), the next day Richard's Uncle died, and the day after that the three teens from Burns Lake were killed on the Highway. I felt surrounded by death. How to cope? How to understand it? I pray and I try to wake up each morning and rejoice in the life I have. My husband, my children, my grandchildren. I am a lucky woman. I have love and beauty all around me. I have my family and I have my friends (like you). I have looked for the answer to why and I have concluded that why doesn't matter. What matters is that I have had these people in my life and they have each left me with a special gift .... themselves.